Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kadayawan sa Dabaw

Every August of each year, Davao City celebrates the Kadayawan Festival. This is a thanksgiving for all the blessings received by the people and the city during the year. The culmination is being celebrated by way of a street dancing parade which is locally known as "Indak-indak sa Kadalanan".  And a floral float parade where top establishments in Davao City present their beautifully adorned entries.

This year, the parades were once again very successful and peaceful. Locals and tourists alike, flocked together and watched the fun dancers perform on the road. Let me share with you the photos I took during the two day event.














I've been watching this parade every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is that, we give away fliers / brochures of houses that are for sale in Davao, while having fun. :)  Next reason is my love for photography.

I love the colorful costumes, the rich history of our "katutubo" and the dance moves.  It makes me smile when I look at the photos I took and seeing that I captured the moment, somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)