Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tourist Attractions in Bohol, Philippines

I promised to blog about Bohol's Tourist Attractions. It took me sometime to write this because my husband and I have been travelling. I will share about that on my next episode. :) For now, here are the things that can be done while in Bohol.

Tip: if you're travelling as a group, I suggest that you just rent a van for Php3,500.00 . That's what we did. So you can decide where you want to go. You don't have to follow the itinerary of the tour if you don't want to. Plus you have an option to stay longer or leave anytime you want.

Chocolate Hills

No, there are no chocolates in these hills. :) Its color turns to brown (thus the word chocololate) during summer.



Man Made Forest


This was the project of Former First Lady, Imelda Marcos located in Bilar, Bohol. The place is beautiful and has a cooler temperature.


Tarsier Sanctuary

My nephews had fun with the Tarsiers. It was our first time to see the smallest monkey in the world. :) We were told not to use the camera flash in taking pictures so they won't get stressed. Please try to follow that also because Tarsiers are endangered species, so we should all help, in protecting them.



Smallest Monkey in the world, Tarsier..



Baclayon Church and Museum


This church is at least 200 years old. I had goosebumps when I entered the chapel. For those who want to pray and connect with God, this is such a holy place to visit. The museum is on the 2nd floor. Taking pictures are not allowed because of the expensive antiques inside. Entrance fee: Php25.00/ pax.

  

Across the street, you'll find Baclayon park. It's beside the beach so it has a beautiful view. I loved feeling the fresh air there!



Loboc River Tour

This beautiful tour starts at the Loboc Pier and ends near the waterfalls. It includes buffet lunch that consists mostly of seafoods and other local dishes. The fee is Php450.00 / per person.


Zipline

For those who love adventure, you'll like  their zipline there. I admire those who can do it.  I know I can't do that so I just contented myself with taking photos of our friends, Rudolf and Grace. :)




 Blood Compact Site:


This is where the First Treaty of Friendship happened. Miguel Lopez de Legazpi of Spain and Rajah Sikatuna of Bohol had a blood compact to seal the friendship of two races.


Hinagdanan Cave

Boholano legend says that in the olden times, the inhabitants in the area were able to borrow kitchen utensils, plates, etc . from the "caretakers" of the cave. But it stopped when one of the borrowers vomitted in one plate. When the said plate was returned, it was not accepted. Since then, the villagers couldn't borrow anymore. The "caretakers" are supposedly people from the another world. :)


My sister and I at Hinagdanan Cave. Beside us is the lake inside the cave.





Alona Beach, Panglao


For those who love the beach, Alona has a long stretch of white sand beach. There are bars and restaurants all over the place so food is not a problem. Since we were travelling with the whole  family, we opted to rent an apartment at Sun Apartelle, where we can change and cook our own food.  Please note that there is no public restroom or changing area at Alona Beach.
  




Our Bohol trip was a tiring experience. But it was fun. And I am glad that I was able to bond with my family , specially with my nephews, who are so makulit! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)