Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ho Chi Minh Tours

Since John and I had limited time in Ho Chi Minh City, we decided to just join the city tour. I coordinated with the staff at Sanouva Hotel and after a few minutes, it was agreed that we will be picked up by the travel company at the hotel. I paid $16.00 each, which included lunch.

By 7am, the tour guide came for us. And after picking up other guests from their hotels, off we went to the city tour.

We passed by HCMC people's park. From there, I noticed several older women doing the "Tai-chi". It reminded me with Magsaysay Park. I remember, we have chinese-filipinos do the same thing there every morning. I wonder if they still do that now?



Vietnam will not be Vietnam without the motorcycles right? :) So I took photos of people going to work using their motorbikes. We were told by the guide that there are millions of them in the city alone. Mostly from China because it's the cheapest.



Then we reached our first destination.


WAR REMNANTS MUSEUM:

This was the least of my favorites during our South East Asian trip. That's why, it took me forever to write about Vietnam. 

This museum showcases the remnants of the war between Saigon and the US. It was suffocating seeing all the pictures and the remains of the war. But here they are anyway...






                                                    The torture chamber...



                                    I'll just let you use your imagination, as to what this is for....




I decided not to see the 3rd floor anymore, after seeing the displays on the 1st and 2nd floor. I found it revolting. If you ask me, I think wars are stupid. Nobody wins in it. Except those who earned out of it at the expense of the innocent civilians.


BUDDHIST TEMPLE:


The lanterns on top have prayer requests on them. Once lit, it stays for 2 weeks. So it's like being prayed for continously everyday for the next week or so. When you go to HCMC, try it. I realized that most of what I prayed for was granted.




                                                       I got that for me and John. :)



CHO BINH TAY MARKET

This is like Divisoria in the Philippines. They sell everything there from flowers to textiles, silk and a lot of other give aways.





While everybody was shopping, John and I decided to go to the KFC place across the market. We figured that since the ones in  Davao are ok, it would be the same there, if not better. But i'm sorry for saying this, the place was a dump. They need to clean it more and have the ants and cockroaches treated.. :( Plus it was so loud, I feel like my ears are still ringing , everytime I remember it.

John and I were laughing when we remembered that we had a free lunch. It turned out to be a really good one. It's just too bad that I forgot to write down the name of the restaurant. But it was just walking distance from our hotel.



REUNIFICATION PALACE:

We were told that this used to be the residence of the President. I've never been to Malacanang Palace in Manila. So I thought, maybe it's more or less, the same. LOL













NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL: (Courtesy of Wikipedia)

Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica (Vietnamese: Vương cung thánh đường Đức Bà Sài Gòn or Nhà thờ Đức Bà Sài Gòn), officially Basilica of Our Lady of The Immaculate Conception (Vietnamese: Vương cung thánh đường Chính tòa Đức Mẹ Vô nhiễm Nguyên tội) is a cathedral located in the downtown of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Established by French colonists, the cathedral was constructed between 1863 and 1880. It has two bell towers, reaching a height of 58 meters (190 feet).







The church still looks so beautiful considering that it was built in the 1800's..



POST OFFICE:




I was surprised to learn that they have shopping stalls inside their post office. I know, right?!  And yes, our post office is way behind than theirs. LOL







                                                            Lea C. Walker
                                                    leawalker.blogspot.com
                                                  www.davaoproperties.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)