Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Malaysia...

Our day started early. The bus driver had to pick us up early from the hotel because it's Singapore's election day, therefore it's a holiday. A lot of people might be travelling to Malaysia and the immigration office might be busy. So to avoid a long line, we made sure that we're at the border earlier than most.

Before reaching the border, we had to stop for fuel. There were several porches parked at the gasoline station, so all of us went down and posed with those gorgeous cars. haha.. Kinda cheap huh?! Oh well, it was fun... And nobody knows us anyways! haha...

Our visit to the immigration office was fast. We just handed our passports, had our baggages checked and then we went back to the bus already. Then we reached the border. The bridge connecting Singapore and Malaysia, reminded of the San Juanico Bridge connecting Samar and Leyte. (Will share about that trip sometime in the future...)
After crossing the bridge, we stopped at the first restaurant we saw. I guess the driver and Mr. Singh (our tour guide) know the owner, that's why we were brought there.

I was amazed that they have fried "bolinao" there! :) Since we had no idea what most of the food were, we had to keep on asking. The boy with his little english, kept on telling us "potato" , on most of the fried "something" there.. lol Only to find out that one those "somethings" are fried bananas. hahaha I just found that really funny. I guess, that's the only english word he knows... It was difficult to know exactly what that was because it looked like "empanada".. In the Philippines, you would assume that it's meat with vegetables inside. But abroad, it can be a lot of other things right? Things that I might not want to put in my mouth.. John told me that I will go hungry when we do our Asian trip later this year because I'm so picky. I told him that I cannot eat something I do not know. I'm sorry, some food there looked different. When we go to a fast food in our country, the food looks delicious right? Whether it tastes delicious or not, is everyone's guess.. hehe. But they surely look delicious. But one look at the food there, I know I wouldn't want to taste them. So I try to stick to things I know, specially when I'm very hungry.

The bus trip to Malaysia was a long journey. It's like travelling from Davao to Cagayan De Oro. It's at least 6 hours. The good news though is that their roads are impeccable. It's so clean and wide. And it does not need repairs (hehe.. unlike in our country).. It won't need it for a very long time , I believe.
The view reminded me of Agusan because of the Palm Tree Plantation. For hours, that's what you will see. Kinda boring I guess for some people. But for me, any new experience, is exciting.











Lea C. Walker
www.davaoproperties.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)