Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Monday, May 30, 2011

Singapore's Tourist Destinations 2


At Oceanarium, Sentosa Underwater World, Singapore
The first time I went to Singapore was in 2007 with my husband, John. I remember wondering why there was still daylight even at 8:00 in the evening. In the Philippines, 6pm is already dark. Singapore is just a 4 hour trip from Davao so I did not expect the difference. :)

We stayed there for a week so we were able to visit several places. We took our time enjoying every bit of it.

I've learned that the best way to familiarize yourself in a new place is to walk. We stayed around Orchard Road so we were able to visit several malls.


But what really interested him was Sim Lim Square. This building houses at least a hundred shops selling computer stuff... :) While he was busy at Sim Lim Square, I explored at the nearby Bugis Market. Unlike John, I am not a computer geek :) So shopping for computer gadgets isn't my thing.

I am so glad I walked towards Bugis Market because I love the place! I bought several trinkets and tshirts for pasalubong. I can't believe how cheap they were considering the quality of the products I bought. I found also a jade bracelet and pendant . (which by the way still looks nice until now - did not fade at all) I bought them both for 10 singapore dollars. That's about P350.00 pesos only. Not bad right? :) I think that's the technique, enjoy browsing the available products at a local market. And haggle with a smile! :) Believe me, you can never go wrong!

The next day was our scheduled trip to Sentosa. This island used to be a forest but Singapore developed it into a sprawling mega theme park with famous attractions such as the Underwater world, cable ride, etc. I loved the Dolphin Show! They looked so cute when they playfully cooperated with the people and the show incharge. :)




The ocean park was amazing. :) The walk through tunnel made me feel like I was really underwater watching the fishes. What I love the most were the colorful school of tropical fishes. The sharks looked scary and I'm glad that I'm not really in the water with them... hehe. Then there's dugong , stingrays, giant crabs, etc.

Of course, sentosa trip isn't complete without the cable ride, right? LOL... I have fear of heights. I hate it, i hate it, i hate it... But being the adventurous me, I couldn't let this opportunity pass without knowing how it feels to be in a cable car. John asked me several times if I was sure.. I kept telling him (or myself?) that yes, I was sure! haha

The moment we entered the car, there was no looking back... If I looked pale, I think the other tourist infront of me looked like she's drained with blood. And then I realized that it wasn't that bad, after all.. I was told not to look down, but I couldn't help it. The view was so beautiful!



The cable trip was short and beautiful. Even if i'm scared of heights, it didn't bother me as much. But of course, I told myself that since I've hurdled it, I will never, ever try it again... Or so
I thought .. But that's another story... Sometime in the future , I'll tell you about it.




One of the experiences that amazes me is the fountain of wealth. We were told that one has to go around the fountain 3 times and make a wish. I didn't know if it will come true or not, but what am I to lose if I try it right? :) Looking back now, I believe that most of what I prayed/wished for really came true. Maybe it's destiny , written in the stars, however you may call it and maybe the fountain of wealth has nothing to do with it, but it worked for me. :)


SINGAPORE ZOO:


I've never been to a zoo that big. The whole place according to wikipedia is only 28 hectares. But when you try to walk through it, it seems massive. ha ha.. That was one of the best experiences I had during the trip. For the first time , I've seen a polar bear. :) A gorgeous white tiger. A romantic giraffe.. hehe.















Singapore is such a fun place to visit when you want to go on vacation. Everything is tailored for the tourists' satisfaction. So it's easy to get a tour of the island even if you have no prior bookings. Just get a leaflet from the hotel receptionist and they'll gladly help you book the tour you want to join.. Plus the place is so clean and safe! :)

I'd go there again, given the chance, anytime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)