Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Friday, May 27, 2011

Singapore's Tourist Destinations

On our 2nd day in Singapore, our travel guide gave us a City Tour. First stop was the Merlion Park. Walking towards the merlion park, we passed by this beautiful garden and crossed a victorian type bridge which I found perfect for picture taking. :) Of course, every vacation isn't complete without pictures right? So I looked for a place where I could get a good angle of the bridge. Then, a tourist boat passed by which made it so beautiful to me. :)

                                
Our tourist guide explained that the government people decided to take down the "daddy" merlion so they can replace it with a hotel. So what's left now is this baby merlion.

The Merlion place is surrounded by big buildings famous for their architectural design. I love the Marina Bay Sands hotel whose amenities are housed on a shiplike structure on top of the 3 hotel buildings. Then, there's "The Palm", which is Singapore's library and science center , I think? hehe... I should have listened more to our tourist guide huh?

                                                            
                                     Beautiful right? Whoever built this is a genius, as far as I am concerned. :)

These are some of the modern buildings around the Merlion Park.



On our way out, I saw this gorgeous watch tower!


                                                         

SINGAPORE GEMS AND METAL CO.

After visiting the merlion park, we were brought to a gem store. Their products , made of different gemstones were very intricately carved, they look so astounding!




                                                                

  


National Orchid Garden:

Our last stop for the day was the National Orchid Garden. I love it, specially their souvenir store which sells a gold plated "adjustable necklace".. :) I love their orchids, but since I come from Davao, our orchids here are one of the most beautiful flowers on earth! I'm exaggerating I think? haha... But who haven't heard of waling-waling? Davao is famous for that!

                




Exotic Flowers








Ahhh.. this is why I love travelling. There are so many things to see, it seems like a lifetime, isn't enough to explore all of them...






















































   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)