Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Universal Studios

In my previous blog, I mentioned that we went to Universal Studios. The last time I was in Singapore, US wasn't there yet. So I "sort of" wondered what's in store for me when I get there. Of course, I searched online about the place. :) And so I knew that there's Hollywood, Jurassic Park, Battlestar Galactica (which I love, except the last part of the series - it became a little O.A. for me..) , Ancient Egypt , the Land of Far, Far Away, Madagascar , etc. It's different though when you are there. So I'll try to share with you my experiences... one by one. :)

HOLLYWOOD:

Ahh.. the world of entertainment! I loved watching their shows. The actors, actresses and their singers are commendable. It's like watching "That's Entertainment" (the show I watched from our neighbor's TV when I was growing up) .





John and I with Betty Boop
















BATTLESTAR GALACTICA:
This Sci-Fi show will always be a classic one for me. Who would ever forget the battle between the humans and the cylons? That's what the 2 roller coasters at the BG station represent. One for the humans and one for the cylons (the robot enemy of the humans, for those who haven't watched Battlestar Galactica...)


The red mannequin at the back of John is known as SIX in the series , Battlestar Galactica. :) Check the cylon in the tshirt being held by John, scary huh?! Can you imagine being hunted by that? Gawd..


ANCIENT EGYPT:
The statues they built here are awesome! It's like being in a pyramid in Egypt.






















JURASSIC PARK:

These are mostly rides for the children. If you want to take the boat ride, do not forget to bring a raincoat. The water looks brown, that's why.. :) The children, I'm sure, will not care. haha They're in the world of Dinosaurs , after all!




John with the dinosaur. LOL










The Dino ride... I know my nephews will love this!









THE LAND OF FAR, FAR AWAY:
I am sure all of us have heard of SHREK , right? This is it! Their kingdom... :)



MADAGASCAR:




So now you understand why tourists flock by the millions to Singapore. This "entertainment package" alone rakes in at least 100,000 visitors on a monthly basis! 

I'll blog more of our Singapore trip next time.. For now, I hope you enjoy my travelogue! :)




Lea C. Walker
www.davaoproperties.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)