Allea Real Estate

Allea Real Estate
Real Estate in Davao City, Philippines

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Recap :)

The year 2011 has been very good to me. :) I've had a lot of firsts which for me were very memorable and fun. So let me share with you all these blessings as I leave this year with thanksgiving in my heart. :)


1) February - we moved to our 1st brand new house. :) 

We've bought several units over the years but it's always for re-sale. Never for us. But our lessor kept on raising the rental price. So both John and me, thought of buying a new one to save us some money.

Tip: buying a house is a dead investment. But of course, since it's a basic necessity , we don't have a choice but acquire one right? So make sure that when you do invest, consider the following:

     a) location  - with the weather getting crazy these days, buy on a higher ground. That way, the risk
                          of being flooded is nil. Plus of course, it's cooler when you're on top. That's why when
                          it rains for days, I see some fogs in our neighborhood sometimes. :) 

                          Being in a gated subdivision helps. Security wise. No peddlers too so it's quiet . (This
                          means though that you need to stock up your groceries because there's no sari sari
                          store nearby.)

                          In terms of ROI - (return of investment). Incase you need to sell in the future,
                          it  may take quite sometime, but it will sell at a higher  price. Err.. this goes without
                          saying that your house has been well-maintained, of course! :)

Ok, so enough business for now. hehe... If you need my assistance, please email me through my business address: lea@davaoproperties.com .


2) April - Trip to the East Coast.
I grew up in Davao Oriental. But the farthest I've been to was a trip to Bangaga. :) So this year, we travelled all the way from Davao City to the East Coast. We passed through the towns of Lupon, Mati, Tarragona, Manay, Caraga, Bangaga, Cateel , Boston, Lingig and ended up in Mangagoy. haha.. Yes I know , we're a crazy bunch.. lol But it was fun! :) Specially the side trip to Tinuy-An Falls. Ahh... that was one beautiful place I will never forget. It's the Niagara Falls of the Philippines, after all!





3. May - Santos Land Development Corporation gave me a free trip to Singapore and Malaysia.

It's my second time to visit Singapore. John and I went there for a vacation years ago.

But my first time to go to Malaysia. :)   I loved the experience at Batu Cave. It was my first time to be in a cave too, so it was an exciting one for me. The trip to Genting Highlands was exhilirating. I will never forget what I felt when we were in the cable car for a 3 kilometer ride going there. Gee, that made me swear that I will never, ever ride in a cable car again. hehe...




4.  July - My fist time in Bohol.

To say that I was excited was an understatement! Despite the very long travel ( you'll understand when you read the links), it was a memorable trip for me and my family. :) So it was all worth it...



5. August - Our South East Asian Trip.

Never in my wildest dreams that I'd be able to visit Thailand , Cambodia and Vietnam. But God, in His goodness, made it possible for me and John this year. We planned this trip for a year so we were prepared, except for that terrible experience at the border of Thailand and Cambodia. Wow, that was tiring! But our Angkor  experience.. was amazing. I have no words for it. Grabe!

Bangkok , Thailand:

    

Cambodia:


You know, I just realized that I still have not posted anything on Angkor Wat itself. So with the other temples. :( So here are some photos I took then.

                                                          Angkor Wat




                                                         John and me at Banteay Srei. :)      
    

Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam:

    


6. October - Kapatagan for a day. :)


I love this place! It was a difficult trip but it was worth it. Wow, Mt. Apo is a beauty to behold... 



                          Courtesy of my sister , Pearlie. :)
       

7. November - Surfing in Davao Oriental.

No, I didn't surf. hehe.. I wish! But I was able to get several shots of the Amihan Boys in Dahican , Mati. Amazing kids! :)




It has been a busy year for me. :) And I am looking forward to the year 2012.

As the year ends, I would like to thank God for a life filled with blessings. And I would like to thank also the people who have been with me in this year's journey. To my family, friends and valued clients, thank you. :)

Here's to a wonderful new year for all of us. May God continue to bless us as we face the coming year.

Cheers everyone!




                                                               Lea C. Walker
                                                          leawalker.blogspot.com
                                                        www.davaoproperties.com







    






                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.. :)